Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Unanswerable Question

Because of the sickness of my boys, I wasn't able to go celebrate with my Church today. Here is a quote that affected me this morning. Find more amazing quotes and much more at Grace Gems (a new favorite find!).

"Why me?" This is the unanswerable question--
the wonder of wonders! I, a weak, low, vile, wandering
worm--filled with Your love, ravished with Your beauty!
It is all of grace! To God be all the glory!

Oh, my precious Lord, I am overwhelmed in, and
by, Your love! You have freed me from my sin and
its punishment--by taking them upon Yourself! And
You have prepared me for Yourself--by putting Your
perfect loveliness upon me!

You have overcome me, You ravish my heart!

I thirst with intense and increased ardency, for
unfoldings of the personal glories of my precious
Christ, who is, indeed, "more precious than rubies."

Precious Lord, You are my rest, my happiness, and
You are all-sufficient. Hold me to You, nor let me
wander more.
(Gleanings from the Inner Life of Ruth Bryan)

4 comments:

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for sharing. I needed that. I will be praying that everyone will be healed quickly, and that you don't get sick. I hope you have a somewhat restful Sunday afternoon :)

Grammy said...

I'm sorry your guys are sick. We will definitely be praying for them to get well quickly. Remind Brian that Grammy has lots more legos for him. Hopefully that will mean even more imagination time. Just wait, before you know it he and Jack (and probably Carlye too) will be playing with them together! Love to all...

Dawn said...

I thought about you when I didn't see you today. I'm praying for you, Chris, and the kids. I really like the Ruth Bryan gleaning. I googled her and will read more of her diary entries. What a treat! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love Grace Gems. It's an incredible site! Their daily gems sent to you via. e-mail are a great way to start the day and your devotions!