Saturday, June 21, 2008
Blanket Time
I have always been overwhelmed at the thought of teaching my kids how to stay on a blanket. Anytime I talk to a mom that has taught their child to stay on a blanket for more than 30 seconds, I come away thinking, "that will never happen in my house!" Well, I was wrong. But this is not a story about a mom that is disciplined to train her children in self-control...not at all. This is the story of a father who has been diligent and consistent to train his little sinners to obey. God has been so kind to me in giving me Chris to lead me and teach me how to teach my kids to obey. He does such an amazing job! This does not come without many reminders and many spankings when they forget, but it is working very well. I am amazed how Jack and Carlye love to know their boundaries. These are a few pictures I took this morning during "blanket time".



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So adorable! If you can get those two to sit on a blanket....anyone can do it!! I love it!!!
You are my Qui Gon Jin and I am your Obi Wan Kanobi... teach me!
haha... Ems, you are hilarious! Praise, your kiddos are just TOO CUTE! I too, would love to learn how you did this!
Wow...now this is a most needed encouragement! I think I'll be asking Aaron tonight about us starting Joshua on some "blanket time." :)
Post a Comment