Friday, October 10, 2008

My Little Man is 5!!!


5 years ago today at 11:07am my first baby was born and has blessed our lives ever since. I couldn't not have dreamed of a more delightful child than Brian has been to us. He is certainly a little sinner, but I am more aware today of the evidences of God's grace in his life. Here are the top 5 things I love about Brian:

1. He loves to talk. Brian is very articulate and could hold a very adult-like conversation with anyone. Things he loves to talk about are: Movies, Legos, Bible stories, his friends and family, Disney, and how long it will be until Christmas, and anything in everyday life (just to name a few). Brian is wonderful at praying to God and talking to Him as well.

2. He loves is family. He would rather be with his mom and dad than anyone else (I love it!). He is a very proud bother and loves to make Jack and Carlye happy. He serves all of us each and every day with all the chores he can do.

3. He has a great imagination. He can bring anything to life and play with it for hours.

4. He is quick to repent after a disipline and quick to confess that "his heart is dirty" when he has sinned (something I am very grateful to God for).

5. He is very affectionate. Not too big for hugs and kisses (hopefully never).


We had such a fun day last Sunday celebrating with a few of his friends. He got legos, legos and more legos - among other things too. He has been enjoying all his new toys this week. I look forward to posting pictures from the party real soon. I was so busy with the party, I wasn't able to take any pictures myself. So, I will have to wait and get some from those that did (hint hint: Mom and Libby!!).

5 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

Cute pics! I love the one with the cupcakes. I can't believe you have a 5 year old!! ;)

Meghann Roberts said...

Happy Birthday Brian!! We can't believe you are 5 already! You're getting old! Have fun playing with all your cool Legos and eat lots of those cupcakes!

We love you!

Steve, Meghann, Reagan, Sydney and Jordyn

JJandFive said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! Five years?! Wow. Time flies.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Love, the Nams

Janelle Morrison said...

I LOVE YOU, BRIAN!!!